The New South Wales Chess Association Inc. is holding the ACF Class 2 Grand Prix event on 26-27th January at the Norths (formerly North Sydney Leagues Club), 12 Abbott Street, Cammeray NSW 2062.
The tournament will be played over 7 rounds and the prize fund is $2,340 based on 60 entries.
Open: 1st $500, 2nd $275, 3rd $200, 4th $150, 5th $125, 6th $100
Rating Divisions: U1800-1600, U1600-1400 and U1400 – 1st $150, 2nd $100, 3rd $80 in each division.
Time Control: 60 minutes plus 10 seconds per move
If registered by January 24th – Adult: $57.00, Junior [U18]: $52.00, Aged Pensioner: $48
If registered after January 24th – Adult: $75.00, Junior [U18]: $68.00, Aged Pensioner: $63
Full Time Students U25 can enter at the Junior rate.
Note for full time Student U25 discount, Student ID card must be produced on the day of the Tournament otherwise the applicable Adult entry fee will be charged.
Note for Aged Pensioner discount, Centrelink Aged Pension card must be produced on the day of the Tournament otherwise the applicable Adult entry fee will be charged.
• You need to register and pay by January 24th to be eligible for the early entry fee.
• Exemption from Entry Fees: FIDE Titleholders – GM, IM, WGM, WIM. Their entry must be received by the early entry cut off date or full entry fees must be paid.
• All entries received after 10:45am at registration will incur a $10 additional late fee
• Players are eligible for 1 prize only. Unrated players are not eligible for rating restricted prizes.
• Any player who arrives at the chessboard more than 30 minutes after the start of the session shall lose the game unless the arbiter decides otherwise.
• All NSW resident players must be full members of (or join) the NSWCA or the NSWJCL.
• By entering the event players acknowledge that the decision of the organiser (NSWCA)
• For further information contact Alana Chibnall by telephone: 0408 605 607, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the NSWCA website: www.nswca.org.au
Australia Day is the official national day of Australia. Celebrated annually on 26 January, the date commemorates the arrival of the First Fleet at Sydney Cove in 1788 and the proclamation at that time of British sovereignty over the eastern seaboard of Australia (then known as New Holland).