The 5th Vaujany International Chess Festival was held on 10-18th July at the Espace Loisirs Center in Vaujany, France.
The competition was organized by Promo-Echecs and the total prize fund was 7300 EUR.
The Festival consisted of three events:
- Main tournament (Tournoi Principal), for players rated above 1850
- B tournament (Tournoi Accession), for players rated between 1450 and 1899
- C tournament (Petit’ Zelos), for players rated below 1500
The main section had 61 players. Latvian IM Toms Kantans demolished the opposition to win the tournament with 8,5/9 points, point and a half ahead of the nearest follower GM Sergey Ivanov.
Tournoi Principal final standings:
1. IM KANTANS Toms 2458 LAT – 8½
2. GM IVANOV Sergey 2548 RUS – 7,0
3-4. GM MAIOROV Nikita 2531 BLR and IM BRUNNER Nicolas 2425 FRA – 6½
5-11. GM ISTRATESCU Andrei 2670 FRA, FM VAN FOREEST Jorden 2461 NED, GM HORVATH Jozsef 2509 HUN, GM SOLOZHENKIN Evgeniy 2436 RUS, FM MARTYNOV Pavel 2403 RUS, WGM KULKARNI BHAKTI 2272 IND and FM MESKOVS Nikita 2440 LAT – 6,0
12-18. IM MANEA Alexandru 2373 ROU, FM GAZIK Viktor 2204 SVK, IM GAZIK Igor 2316 SVK, FM JOIE Sebastien 2361 ROU, IM FOISOR Ovidiu-Doru 2396 ROU, NORLIN Egor 2108 SWE and FM DI NICOLANTONIO Lucas 2343 FRA – 5½ etc