The International Chess Festival Baku Open 2014, dedicated to the Independence Day of Republic of Azerbaijan, will take place from 21st September to 1st October at the AF Hotel near Caspian Sea.
The Festival is organized by the Azerbaijan Youth & Sport Ministry and Azerbaijan Chess Federation. The total prize fund is 50,000 USD and the first place is 10,000 USD worth.
The Tournament A is open for the players rated higher than 2250 FIDE and for women rated higher than 2100. Last year winner was GM Pavel Smirnov.
The Tournament B is open for the players rated under 2250. Both groups will be played over 9 rounds of Swiss pairings.
Address: Khaqani str. 1, Baku, AZ1000, Azerbaijan, Azerbaijan Chess Federation (ACF)
Tel: +99412 493-3841 or +99412 493-9084
Website: www.chess.az; www.azerichess.az
Top rated participants:
1. GM Areshchenko Alexander UKR 2701
2. GM Zhigalko Sergei BLR 2678
3. GM Mamedov Rauf AZE 2659
4. GM Kuzubov Yuriy UKR 2656
5. GM Artemiev Vladislav RUS 2650
6. GM Safarli Eltaj AZE 2649
7. GM Efimenko Zahar UKR 2641
8. GM Shimanov Aleksandr RUS 2625
9. GM Krasenkow Michal POL 2623
10. GM Guseinov Gadir AZE 2613
11. GM Wen Yang CHN 2598
12. GM Iordachescu Viorel MDA 2589
13. GM Malakhatko Vadim BEL 2560
14. GM Romanishin Oleg M UKR 2509