The Chess Informant, granddaddy of the modern chess publishing, has changed dramatically with introduction of the large amount of English language-based content. Now it goes step further. Next to the column by Garry Kasparov, often described as the best chess writing in the world today, there are many new features, exclusive columns by notable grandmasters and experts.
Chess Informant 117 features:
• Garry’s Choice – Exclusive column by GM Garry Kasparov, the 13th World Champion • Old Wine in New Bottles – Column by well-known author GM Mihail Marin • CI Labs – Semi-Slav D94, by Ukrainian GM Andrey Sumets
• CI Labs Special – Compressive opening report from the European Championship Legnica 2013, by GM Ivan Ivanisevic and GM Milos Perunovic
• Bossa Nova – Opening report from the Candidates Tournament London 2013, by GM Rafael Leitao
• Interception – European Championship Legnica 2013 under scope, by GM Sarunas Sulskis
• Inspiring Moments – U.S. Championship Saint Louis 2013 under scope, by IM John Bartholomew
• My Way – Reykjavik Open 2013, by co-winner GM Bassem Amin, Newly-crowned African Champion
• Have no Fear – Endings section, by GM Alexander Ipatov, current World Junior Champion
• Stand Up and Fight – Trainer’s Booth, by GM Adrian Mikhalchishin, Chairman of FIDE Trainer’s Commission
• Problems by IGM Marjan Kovacevic • Studies by IM Yochanan Afek • Combinations by GM Branko Tadic • Endings by IM Goran Arsovic • BCM Guest column by IM Andrew Martin • Tournament reports • Collection of 200+ annotated games from the most recent period, by grandmasters Shankland, Browne, Banusz, Tiviakov, Timman, Gagunashvili, Sanikidze, Flores Rios, Petkov, Leitao, Prusikin, Haba, Amin, Lalic, Halkias, Skembris, Baburin, Macieja, Mista, Stoica, Damljanovic, Carlsson, Ipatov, Sumets, Sulskis, Dembo, Marin, Pikula, etc.
THE NEXT CHAPTER 1001-1100 – Continuation of the classic book THE BEST OF THE BEST 1000
Paperback, 103 pages