The 30th European Club Cup and the 19th European Club Cup for Women will take place on 13-21st September, 2014, at the Euskalduna Palace in Bilbao, Spain.
The championships will be held in 7 rounds, played in the Swiss system in accordance with the ECU Tournament Rules.
This competition is offering the possibility to achieve GM or IM-norms based on 7 games.
Each European federation is allowed to take part in this competition. According to the regulations, participation is open to:
- G-TEAM NOVY BOR, Czech Republic, the current cup holder in the open competition.
- CERCLE D’ECHECS DE MONTE-CARLO, Monaco, the current cup holder in the women competition.
- Two (2) clubs per federation in which a national team championship is organized or one (1) club per federation in which no national team championship is organized.
- A third club is allowed to that federation(s) in which a national team championship is organized provided that at least 20 grandmasters and/or players with a FIDE rating over 2600 have participated in this national team championship.
- One additional club (only in open competition) for the European federations which are ranked in the first five places of the Federation ranking list. These federations are Azerbaijan, Russia, Czech Republic, Belarus and Italy.
Players may only agree to a draw after the 40th move has been made by black. Players violating this rule will be forfeited. If a player is offered a draw before the 40th move has been made by black, he should call an arbiter. His opponent shall be punished for distracting, according to the FIDE Laws of Chess.
Every federation that intends to participate, with one or more clubs, must inform the Organizing Committee before June 13, 2014 of its acceptance of the invitation, specifying also the exact number of the clubs participating. A copy should be sent to Tournament Director Dirk De Ridder, e-mail: ECU_DirkDeRidder@skynet.be
Afterwards, entry forms must be completed and returned to the Tournament office email email@example.com no later than July 13, 2014, by fax or mail stamped by the Federation, also by official email. The date of 13 July 2014 is the registration deadline. In entry form basic team composition must be written.
For the best placed clubs and for the individual results for the best board result in the open competition, prizes to the value of 24.000 Euros will be provided.
For the best placed clubs and for the individual results for the best board result in the women competition, prizes to the value of 10.000 Euros will be provided.
In addition, an individual prize will be given to the player with the best performance from a “small nations” club.
The official website of the European Club Cup 2014 is http://www.europeanchessclubcup2014.com
Contact information: Spanish Chess Federation
Tel: +34 913552159
Fax: +34 917256963