The 13th Young Masters Chess Tournament was held from 27th August to 4th September, 2013, at the well known hotel Ochsen on Kolinplatz in Zug, Switzerland.
The tournament format was 10-player round robin. Six Swiss juniors met four Grandmasters from abroad, looking for opportunity to earn IM and GM norms.
Ukrainian Grandmaster Sergey Fedorchuk took a clear first place with 7,0/9 points, leaving Peter Prohaszka and Andrey Sumets half a point behind.
The Swiss chess fans are delighted that Lars Rindlisbacher and Nico Georgiadis have scored IM norms.
Noel Studer was also in position to earn the norm but he couldn’t defeat GM Prohaszka with the black pieces in the last round.
1. GM Fedorchuk Sergey Ukraine 2665 – 7.0
2-3. GM Prohaszka Peter Hungary 2554 and GM Sumets Andrey Ukraine 2583 – 6.5
4-5. FM Rindlisbacher Lars Switzerland 2315 and GM Svetushkin Dmitry Moldova 2605 – 5.0
6. FM Georgiadis Nico Switzerland 2394 – 4.5
7. FM Studer Noel Switzerland 2343 – 4.0
8. IM Kurmann Oliver Switzerland 2421 – 3.0
9. FM Grandadam Nicolas Switzerland 2344 – 2.5
10. FM Schiendorfer Emanuel Switzerland 2392 – 1.0