The 17th Dubai Open Chess Tournament 2015 SHEIKH RASHID BIN HAMDAN AL MAKTOUM CUP is scheduled to take place from 5th to 16th April, 2015, at the Dubai Chess & Culture Club (Sheikh Rashid Bin Hamdan Hall) in the United Arab Emirates.
The event is organized under the patronage of Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai & Minister of Finance and Industry of the United Arab Emirates.
The chess festival is a 9-round Swiss tournament with tempo of play 90’/ 40 + 30′ + 30″ and a hefty prize fund in the amount of USD $ 50,000.
The tournament is open to all players who are FIDE rated. The last day of registration is 25th February 2015 (Penalty Fees applicable after this date).
The registration must be submitted online here
No Application will be accepted after 20th March 2015!
All Participants accept to fully comply with the rules and regulations of the United Arab Emirates.
Playing venue: Dubai Chess & Culture Club (Sheikh Rashid Bin Hamdan Hall), next to Al Shabab Club in Al Mamzar, Dubai , United Arab Emirates; Google Maps
The prize fund in the amount of 50,000 $ will be awarded as follows:
Main prizes: 12,000 $ + Cup/ 7,000 $/ 5,000 $/ 3,500 $/ 2,500 $/ 2,200 $/ 2,000 $/ 1,700 $/ 1,500 $/ 1,300 $/ 1,200 $/ 1,100 $/ 900 $/ 800 $
Best Emirati players: 600 $/ 500 $/ 400 $;
Best Dubai chess players: 600 $/ 500 $/ 400 $;
Best female players: 600 $/ 500 $/ 400 $;
Best Arab Nationals: 500 $/ 350 $/ 300 $,
Best players U2300: 300 $/ 200 $/ 150 $
– If two or more players share the same place, the “Cash Prize” will be equally shared.
– Trophy will be awarded based on Tie break.
– Special Awards will be based on Rating Performance scored.
– Players would not be awarded double prizes.
– Winner of the Tournament SHOULD BE PRESENT AT THE CLOSING CEREMONY according to the Tournament’s regulation
– Grandmasters with a standard ELO rating of 2620+ who register in the tournament and receives a DIRECT INVITATION from Dubai Chess & Culture Club will be provided with a FREE Single Room at the official Hotel (Full Board)
– Grandmasters with a standard ELO rating of 2570-2620 who register in the tournament and receives a DIRECT INVITATION from Dubai Chess & Culture Club will be provided with a FREE Double Room at the official Hotel and will be shared with another Grandmaster (Full Board)
– All Players who receive a DIRECT INVITATION will be escorted from the Airport (Dubai Terminal 1,2 or 3 only) to the accommodation given that they submit exact flight details and arrival before 25th March 2015
– GM, IM 2400+, WGM – Free
– IM, WIM, FM, WFM U2400 – 45 $
– Players rated 2200-2299 – 90 $
– Players rated 2000-2199 – 135 $
– Players rated below 2000 – 260 $
– Blitz tournament – 25$
– Late registration fee (26th February – 20th March 2015) – 40 $
– Processing Visa Fee of an accompany Person – 25 $
(Note: USD $1 = 3.67 AED)
All Payments have to be made in FULL to the following Address:
– Name: Dubai Chess & Culture Club
– Address: Gate 8, Street No. 44, AL Wuhaida Road Community 134, Dubai, UAE
– Account Number: 0049-296666-001
– IBAN: AE83 0340 0000 4929 6666 001
– Bank Name: EMIRATES ISLAMIC BANK
– Branch: Hamriya Souq
– Bank Address: Hor Al Anz- Hamriya Shopping Centre P.O Box 6564 Dubai, United Arab Emirates
– Swift code: MEBLAEAD
Only Tournament Fees to be paid to the club and registration is confirmed once full payment is received. Kindly mention your Fide Name & Fide ID in your transfer and send a copy of the transfer to email@example.com
The (4-star) Abjar Grand Hotel**** is the official Hotel of the tournament, located 5-minute drive from the playing Venue (approx 2 km) and transportation will be provided to/from the club.
For Hotel Booking & Payment kindly Email:
Mr. Mahmoud Aref – Sales Executive
Tel: +971-4-2662666 Ext. 8034 Mob: +971-50-5184559
For invited players with conditions, the Club will manage the booking for them.
Players who require a Visa are kindly requested to upload and attach a scanned copy of their passports and colored personal photo in the online Application form
Dubai Chess Club Facebook Group
P.O Box: 11354 Dubai, U.A.E.