The 9th Edmonton Chess Festival is scheduled to take place from 20th to 29th June, 2014 at the Edmonton Chess Club in the city of Edmonton, Canada.
The main event will be a 10 player round-robin with a time control 90 minutes for 40 moves plus 30 minutes for the rest of the game plus 30 seconds increment from move 1.
The preliminary list of participants includes:
1. GM Vassily Ivanchuk (Ukraine) 2753 – ranked 16th in the world
2. GM Wesley So (Philippines) 2731 – the young Filipino prodigy, recent winner of Capablanca Memorial 2014
3. GM Lazaro Bruzon (Cuba) 2678 – the defending Edmonton International champion
4. GM Anton Kovalyov (Canada) 2636 – the highest rated Canadian player
5. GM Irina Krush (USA) 2489 – the reigning U.S. champion for women
6. IM Raja Panjwani (Canada) 2444 – Canadian player who has a GM norm behind
7. IM Richard Wang (Canada) 2365 – the most promising Canadian player (just 15 years-old)
8. FM Vladimir Pechenkin (Canada) 2312 – a traditional player in Edmonton Chess Festival (this will be his 6th appearance)
9. FM Dale Haessel (Canada) 2171 – the only player who has played in all 9 Edmonton Internationals
The 9th Edmonton International – Open Reserves will be a 5 round Swiss with a time control 90 minutes for 40 moves plus 30 minutes for the rest of the game plus 30 seconds increment from move 1.
Chief Organizer: Micah Hughey firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Organizer/ Website: IA Vlad Rekhson email@example.com
International Head Arbiter: FA Ali Razzaq: firstname.lastname@example.org