The first ECU Board meeting in 2017 took place on 27th and 28th January in Antalya, Turkey. The Turkish Chess Federation hosted the Board members under the excellent conditions at Mardan Palace, during the Turkish Youth Championship 2017.
The ECU Board members had the chance to make the first ceremonial moves at the last rounds of the Championship, as well as to give the awards to the young Turkish champions!
Main information and decisions:
- The closing for the year 2016 was approved. The financial results of the organization are improving each year and the ECU is becoming a sustainable and reliable sports federation, trustable by the sports market and a wider audience.
- ECU Board, upgrading the ECU presence in international bodies, decided to sign Memorandums of cooperation with the European Fair Play Movement (http://www.fairplayeur.com) and the European Capital and Cities of Sports Federation “ACES” (http://www.aceseurope.eu/index.php/en/).
- The Board confirmed the organization of the 1st European Corporate Chess Championship 2017 in Paris from 26th to 28th November 2018.
- ECU Board confirmed that the Montenegro Chess Federation will organize the European Chess Amateur Championship 2018.
- The 2nd ECU Congress will take place from 1st to 5th November 2017 in Creta Maris hotel, in Crete/Greece.
- The next ECU Board meeting will take place in Riga/Latvia, during the European Individual Women’s Chess Championship 2017.