ECU Commission for Women’s Cess launched the initiative “European Women’s Chess Trophy” to reward women and girls for their results in chess.
“We inspire to support female chess players to actively take part in the solely women’s tournaments in Europe, especially in the closed (norm) ones and this way to support and promote tournaments’ organizers as well. We would like to do so by lunching “European Women’s Chess Trophy”, an initiative that will financially reward women and girls in the categories mentioned below”, writes the announcement.
|Categories and prizes in EUR||1. Prize||2. Prize||3. Prize|
|Best female player up to 2200||1000||600||400|
|Best female player between 2201 – 2400||1000||600||400|
|Best female player above 2401||1000||600||400|
- Only female tournaments will be considered: women’s closed tournaments (at least WIM level and with three different federations participating), European Girls Youth Championship (U16-U18), European Women Individual championships, etc. Team championships are excluded, except European Club Cup.
- Criteria for calculation to be based on points and a performance system:
- Minimum played tournaments required per year (for all four categories): 3
- Launching point of calculation: rating as of March 1, 2023 till December 31, 2023
- TOP 3 Best female players in all four categories to be calculated
- Best of 3 tournaments will be considered for these criteria
- Each female player can win only one prize. If two or more players end up with the same number of points, number of games played per year will decide. The next
criteria will be overall (better) performance.
- European Club Cup – minimum of 5 games must be played to be included in the calculation
Points System for all four categories
|Ranking in the tournament (based on performance)||Points|
TOURNAMENT’S CALENDAR (considered for the calculation)
|European Women’s Individual Chess Championship 2023||Montenegro||18-Mar-23||30-Mar-23|
|European Youth Chess Championships U16-U18 2023 (only if separate girl’s tournament is in place)||Romania||4-Sep-23||15-Sep-23|
|European Senior Chess Championships 2023 (only if separate female tournaments are in place)||Italy||25-May||4-Jun-23|
|European Amateur Chess Championship (only if separate female tournaments are in place)||Italy||16-Apr-23||26-Apr-23|
|Vienna WIM Closed Tournament (WIM)||Austria||2-Feb-23||12-Feb-23|
|Flower of the Mediterranean (WGM)||Croatia||5-March 2023||12-March 2023|
|Maria Albuleț Memorial||Romania||Q4|
We will regularly publish a preliminary list with an overview of current points and players after tournaments (that are included in our calendar) have been finished. There is no need to register for this initiative, we will automatically include all female players who participate at above mentioned tournaments.
It is in our interest to include as many closed female tournaments as possible. If you would like to be a part of this initiative, as an organizer, and support female players this way, and promote your female event, please drop us a message and we will gladly include you. The tournament’s list will expand throughout the year, as we will also regularly announce an “Open call of interest” for all organizers of women’s tournaments.