FIDE Events Commission (EVE) conducted a preparation meeting for the coming 86th FIDE Congress in Moscow, Russia from 6-8th February 2015.
The meeting started with a very interesting presentation from the Commission member Adam Dzwonkowski (POL) about chess branding and chess events marketing.
The Commission evaluated the preparations for the World Chess Championships 2015 and decided on a program of supported actions and inspections. It was decided also that Commission will support chess programs related with the World Expo 2015 in Milan.
Due to many requests, the Commission resolves the question concerning the 2-years rule (U2000 rating) for participation in the World Amateur Chess Championship. Since nowadays the rating is calculating each month, the rule applies two years back from the month that the tournament starts each year.
Various subjects about the tournament regulations discussed and a number of proposals will come to the next FIDE PB meeting and FIDE Congress for approval.
• To launch, from 2016, the online FIDE registration system for players, licensed Trainers and Arbiters for each World Chess Championship.
• To set a max of 20% (out of the total) of local participants in each FIDE World Chess Championship.
• To make permanent official regulations for World Seniors Teams Championship from 2017.
• To enforce the same format of tournaments in World and Continental level for Senior Events.
• To add official rating categories in the World Amateur Chess Championship (1200, 1400, 1600, 1800, 2000)