The 29th Cannes Winter Open – Festival des Jeux 2015 took place from 22nd February to 1st March at the Palais des Festivals in Cannes, France.
The chess festival consisted of three sections:
– Tournament A for players with a 2200+ Elo rating
– Tournament B for players with a rating lower than 2100 (The players with a rating between 2100 and 2200 can choose to participate on Tournament A or B)
– Tournament C for players with a rating lower than 1600
A total of 356 players participated in the Festival. The main Open A had 57 players. GM Vladislav Tkachiev emerged clear winner with 7,0/9 points.
Open A final standings:
1. GM TKACHIEV Vladislav FRA 2634 – 7
2-5. GM EPISHIN Vladimir RUS 2573, IM KOZIAK Vitali UKR 2448, FM DI NICOLANTONIO Lucas FRA 2397 and FM MORONI Luca Jr ITA 2415 – 6½
6-11. GM SANCHEZ Joseph PHI 2500, IM BELLIA Fabrizio ITA 2405, GM ANKIT R. Rajpara IND 2479, IM BRUNNER Nicolas FRA 2436, IM PILE Richard FRA 2428 and IM VUILLEUMIER Alexandre SUI 2347 – 6
12. GM MAIOROV Nikita BLR 2579 – 5½ etc
The Open B had 174 players. FM Milan Kandic SRB 2101 and Francesco Simoncini ITA 2037 shared the first place with 7,5/9 points each.
The Open C had 125 players. Patrick Loistron 1550 and Philippe Menardo 1621 (both France) shared the first place with 7,5/9 points each.