One month before the Silver Lake Chess Festival 2017 there are already 150 registered participants from 14 countries. Among them are 44 titled players, including 16 Grandmasters.
The Organizing Committee is preparing a rich programme for all ages and playing levels:
– Open “A”, tournament for players rated over 2000 FIDE
– Open “B”, tournament for players rated under 2200 FIDE
– Open “C”, tournament for players rated under 1700 FIDE
– Blitz FIDE rated tournament on a Danube liner “Silver Star”
– Bughouse tournament
– Excursions (depending on the interest): Ram, Golubac, Viminacium, Nimnik, Sveta Petka
The Festival is conveniently set between the European Amateur Championship (10-17th June) and Nis Open (27th June – 5th July). Transfer from Silver Lake and Nis can be arranged upon request.
Registration, accommodation, entry fees and airport transfers with the tournament director Vojkan Petrović, email: email@example.com, phone +381 (63) 251 769.
Silver Lake is an oxbow lake along the right Danube bank near the town of Veliko Gradište. It is a popular tourist resort.
The lake has an arch shape, it is 14 kilometers long, up to 300 meters wide and covers an area of 4 km². The water is clear due to the lack of pollution and the natural filtration of the water through many sand dunes. The lake is abundant in fish, including white amur, carp, catfish, pike, perch and other freshwater whitefish.
Fishing poles and kayak paddles are waiting for you. In addition, the Danubia Park Hotel operates a large waterpark right next to the playing hall!