The Championship is organized by the Chittoor District Chess Association, on behalf of AICF and under the aegis of Andhra Pradesh Chess Association. Top 30 rankers of this championship will qualify for forthcoming National Premier (National A) championship.
The tournament will be played under the laws of chess & FIDE Swiss league. A total of 13 rounds will be played unless otherwise decided by tournament committee before commencement of the championship. The zero tolerance rules will be followed.
Free Accommodation will be provided to all the official participants and one Accompanying official (manager) nominated by concerned State Association for each State.
1. Every Affiliated State Association / Institutional Members of All India Chess Federation shall be entitled to send four entries. Any state association / institution failed to send its full quota, the vacancies so caused shall not be filled.
2. All Grandmasters, International Masters and Women Grandmasters are seeded to play.
3. Top 6 players from previous National Challengers (National B) rankings other than GMs, IMs and WGMs.
4. Top 2 players from 2011 under-25 Chess Championship.
5. National Junior Chess Champion from 2011.
6. National Junior Girls Champion from 2011.
7. Winner & Runner-up of the 2011 National Women Challengers (Women B) Chess Championship.
8. Current World Champion in any category.
9. Current Asian Junior Champion and first three from last Asian Men Chess Championship.
10. The host Association shall be entitled to fill additional entries of 2 players.
11. All Board prize winners of the 2011 National Team Chess Championship.
12. Four players from areas where State Chess Association Exists. Players from that area write to Hon. Secretary, All India Chess Federation, Hall No. 70, J N Stadium, Chennai for the entries.
13. Any Player who donates Rs. 10,000/- (Ex-National A players Rs. 5,000/-) All special entries should come through their respective State Association / Affiliated Unit of AICF. However the organizers/ AICF reserve the right to accept or reject such entries without assigning any reason thereof.
14. A Nominee of Hon. Secretary of AICF.
15. If total numbers of entries is an odd number, then the host association may add one more entry to make it an even number.