The 2023 edition of the London Chess Conference will take place on 18/19 March on the theme of Chess and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics).
The objective of the conference is to bring together all those involved in the use of chess for educational purposes, including representatives from the Education Commissions for FIDE and ECU in order to establish a co-operative working practice.
The specific aims are :
- To inform attendees about the latest developments in the teaching of chess in schools
- To hear from experts regarding their views on pedagogy
- To share best practice in the teaching of games in schools
- To identify projects for collaboration between countries
- To provide insights to chess teachers around the world
- To incorporate the themes of STEM and Early Years
- To provide training in connection with chess and education
- To make recordings of the main talks available
Attendees can expect to learn about the latest developments in the teaching of chess and games at school to support educational objectives. Experts from around the world will share best practice on the didactics and pedagogy of games. These valuable insights can be explored further during in-depth seminars and discussions. Some of the leading software and technology projects will be demonstrated. The networking opportunities will allow attendees to meet with new colleagues and develop collaborative projects.