Sea and mountain, nature, history, delicious food and hospitality! These are the key words of the International Festival “Nebrodi in bianco e nero” that will take place from 28th of May to 2nd of June, 2015, in the historical chambers of the Abbazia di San Filippo in Frazzanò (ME), a cozy village in the Province of Messina, Italy.
The event is organized by Chess Club Centro Scacchi Palermo during the 20th Festival Città di Palermo’s anniversary, so that the players can enjoy Sicilian holidays.
The event with prize fund in total of 4,500 € will be split into 4 separate tournaments:
– Open Tournament – 9-round Swiss international tournaments valid for FIDE rating and norms
– Amateur Tournament – open to all players rated less than 1700
– Youth Tournament – open to all players under 16
– Regional Sicilian Tournament – only for Italian players
The preliminary list of players consists of participants from 10 different countries, including Armenian GM Karen Movsziszian 2484, GM Milan Drasko (Montenegro) 2439, South African GM Kenny Solomon (2014 African Champion with current rating 2379), IM Stets and FM Bogdanov from Ukraine and Italian FMs Andrea Amato 2322 and Francesco Bentivegna 2313.
In the heart of the Nebrodi mountains, on the Northern coast of Sicily, ten traditional Sicilian villages promote a new form of tourism, based on an innovative offer of a pleasant stay in real Sicilian houses, surrounded by Nebrodi Park area. Kindness, warm welcome and cheerfulness are hallmarks of this community; culture, history and rural world represent the most wonderful examples of an ancient civilization.
Guests will be able to:
– enjoy the immeasurable landscape with typical trees, fauna as eagles and hawks; flora as medicinal plants; lakes, falls and rocks;
– discover the Greek, Byzantine, Norman, Roman, Phoenician heritage, represented by temples, churches, squares, traditional roads;
– taste the authentic and organic Sicilian cuisine;
– participate in traditional events with local people
In addition, many side activities will be organized, for example: horse excursions, falconry, excursion to Etna, etc.
Facebook Group International Chess Tournament in Sicily