Grischuk substitutes Carlsen as expected
A few days ago Mamedyarov and Radjabov signed their contracts for the Candidates matches 2011 in Kazan. Now all players have confirmed their participation.
As expected, GM Magnus Carlsen has informed FIDE that he will not participate and was therefore replaced by GM Alexander Grischuk as per regulations.
Here is the final list of players. Pairings remain as Chessdom.com announced them a month ago
1. Veselin Topalov (Bulgaria, runner up of the previous World Championship)
2. Vladimir Kramnik (Russia, qualified by rating)
3. Levon Aronian (Armenia, winner of the FIDE Grand-Prix 2008-2009)
4. Boris Gelfand (Israel, winner of the FIDE World Cup 2009)
5. Shakhriyar Mamedyarov (Azerbaijan, wild card)
6. Alexander Grischuk (Russia, qualification from the FIDE Grand-Prix)
7. Teimour Radjabov (Azerbaijan, qualification from the FIDE Grand-Prix)
8. Gata Kamsky (USA, runner up of the Challengers Match 2009).