While in the FIDE elections three candidates run for the post of the President, in the European Chess Union its President Zurab Azmaiparashvili will seek the reelection unopposed.
Azmaiparashvili ticket was submitted for the ECU elections & there is no rival ticket. 4-years of good governance, transparency & uncompromising fight against corruption with serious actions & results (not words) were worth. Europe is united as a working international chess institution.
The following nominations have been received within the deadline of the 2nd of July 2018, as defined by the ECU Statutes, for the ECU Board elections 2018, to be held in Batumi Georgia during the 43rd Chess Olympiad.
A) Ticket of Zurab Azmaiparashvili:
- President: Mr. Zurab Azmaiparashvili (GEO)
- Deputy President: Mr. Gunnar Bjornsson (ISL)
- Vice President: Mrs. Dana Reizniece-Ozola (LAT)
- Vice President: Mr. Johann Poecksteiner (AUT)
- Secretary General: Mr. Theodoros Tsorbatzoglou (GRE)
- Treasurer: Mr. Ion-Serban Dobronauteanu (ROM)
B) Nominations for the 3 Vice Presidents to be elected individually besides the combined tickets:
- Mr. Finnbjorn Vang (FAI)
- Mr. Veselin Draskovic (MNE)
- Mr. Ivan Sokolov (NED)
- Mr. Adrian Mikhalchishin (SLO)
- Ms. Eva Repkova (SVK)
All the candidates were nominated by their National Chess Federation and are eligible to be elected for the European Chess Union Board.
The ECU General Assembly 2018 including the ECU Board Elections will be held in Batumi, Georgia on 2nd and 3rd of October 2018 according to the published invitation.