The Commission for Women’s Chess (WOM) has created the project “Rumbo a la Maestría” under the auspices of FIDE.
The goal of this project is to give the possibility of high level training sessions via internet with Grandmasters to a selected group of talented young players from Latin America. The project is divided into three parts:
– First training sessions from January to May
– WOM coordinates the participation of the players in strong international tournaments in America and Europe during the period June-July, giving them the opportunity to achieve their norms and gain more elo points and experience.
– Second training sessions from August to December
The requirements to qualify for the project are:
– Active players under 25 years old
– Not holder of a WIM o WGM title
– Minimum Elo of 2000 and maximum 2200
– From a Latin America country
The trainers for the first training sessions from January to May are certified trainers as well as strong Grandmasters: GM Carlos Garcia Palermo, GM Alonso Zapata and GM Viktor Moskalenko.
WOM would like to thank the co-sponsorship and collaboration of:
– Internet Chess Club (ICC) www.chessclub.com
– Accademia Internazionale di Di Sccachi www.accademiainternazionalediscacchi.com
– Chess Projects http://www.chesspro.it
– Capablanca In Memoriam
Participants of “Rumbo a la Maestría” are:
Leonela Gutiérrez – Venezuela
Damaris Abarca – Chile
Ayeleen Martínez – Argentina
Gabriela Vargas – Paraguay
Ana Vitoria Rothebarth – Brazil
Abigail Romero – Ecuador
Florencia Fernández – Argentina
Luisa Mercado – Colombia
Adriana Pachón – Colombia
Ana Daniela Madrigal – Nicaragua
Diana Real – México
Rovira Tairu – Venezuela
Tilsia Varela – Venezuela
Ingrid Aliaga – Perú
Ingrid Sánchez – El Salvador
Right now 5 players are in the Capablanca Memorial: Abigail Romero (Ecuador), Gabriela Vargas (Paraguay), Damaris Abarca (Chile), Adriana Pachon (Colombia) and Ingrid Aliaga (Peru). They are co-sponsored by the WOM and their respective National Federations.