Dear Chess Friends!
It is our pride and joy to share with you the new version of Chessdom.com!
After 52 months of briging quality information to you, the Chessdom team decided to further enhance the user experience.
Besides the cosmetic re-design and color scheme changes, there are some major updates you should definitely take note of:
1. More articles, better visibility
The Chessdom editors have been posting an average of 7 articles per day. This number was not restrained by the lack of information or the lack of human resources, but by the limited space.
Our new version provides good visibility for up to 30 articles a day, and you will be getting more frequent and timely updates.
We also improved the inner space of the articles to eliminate unnecessary scrolling and have more photos, replayable games, and videos.
2. You suggested, we listened!
You, the Chessdom visitors, are the inspiration for all our operations. That is why during these years we carefully collected every opinion and brought the new version improved by your suggestions:
– The commentary now possible: Do you want to express your opinion on the issues, comment on the ongoing games, or simply get involved in the multi-user community of Chessdom? Now that is all possible via the Facebook commentary plugin.
– You can go Social: Now it is easier to share the articles that you like, simply finding the Digg, Stumble, and Delicious buttons at the end of every article
– Finally – a search box: Do you want to find all articles related to a player or a specific competition? Just type what you are looking for in the upper right hand corner of the site.
– Dates: Yes, now all articles, new or old, are dated
– Fonts: The fonts of the website are changed to the ones proposed by the highest number of viewers. Further adjustments will follow, given the necessary suggestions.
3. More and better banner positions
In order to expand and provide better service, we rely on our partners, the Advertisers. To express our gratitude now the website has more options and better positions for ads.
Your ideas are the basis of the new Chessdom
Your feedback provoked the changes in the new version. Every opinion from now on will be equally appreciated. So, please feel free to post your ideas and suggestions in the commentary box below or send it to our contact form.
Keep in mind that this week is a week of transfer. Currently “only” the 1400 articles under the www subdomain have been transfered to the new version. It is hard to believe, but in the past 4,5 years, the Chessdom editors have posted over 10 000 articles. The rest of the articles are still operational under the old version on the Previews, Tournaments, Games, etc. sections.
When the transfer of data is complete and all articles are available, you can expect better categories structure, many more articles, better live games experience, and articles archives by month and date.
And all this thanks to your feedback so far; all further comments are appreciated!
1. Guest blogger section, so far 10 GMs and professional jounalists confirmed
2. Archives and categorization
3. Enhanced live games commentary with a 2700+ GMs team
4. A much higher average number of articles per day
5. A simul with a GM live on Chessdom, where the fans can participate
6. Import of the photos and video gallery
7. And of course the transfer of over nine thousand articles