The 2017 World Amateur Chess Championships for men and women with a FIDE rating under 2300 will be held from 1-9th April in the Rocca Albornoziana in Spoleto, Italy.
There will be separate championships for categories Under-2300, Under-2000 and Under-1700. In each rating section, a separate championship for women shall be organized only if there are at least 10 women entries from at least 2 continents. Otherwise the women’s event will be merged with men (open).
• A player must not have a published FIDE rating of 2300 or greater for at least one year prior to the registration deadline of the event.
For the Under-2000 section, a player must not have a published FIDE rating of 2000 or greater for at least one year prior to the start of the championship.
For the Under-1700 section, a player must not have a published FIDE rating of 1700 or greater for at least one year prior to the start of the championship.
• In case a player exceeds the rating of 1700 or 2000 after the registration deadline, he/she will play the upper rating category.
• All players must not hold any title above CM (or WCM for women) in the sections Under-1700 and Under-2000. All players must not hold any title above FM (or WFM for women) in the section Under-2300.
• The Championships are open tournaments for players registered by their federation. FIDE member federations shall have the right to send as many players as they wish.
• In addition, the winner from each World Amateur Championship rating section and from each Continental Amateur Championship rating section, of the year preceding this edition, are qualified with personal rights (as long as they don’t reach or exceed 2300 rating by the registration deadline) and their places cannot be substituted.
• Time limit per player: 90 minutes for 40 moves + 30 min. for the rest of the game + 30’’ increment for every move starting from move one. A player forfeits the game if he hasn’t appeared at his board within half an hour after the start of the game.
• The FIDE Technical Officials shall be announced one month before the event. The Appeals Committee will be elected during the Technical Meeting before the tournament starts.
• The 3 gold winners of the Men/Open sections receive respectively the titles of ”2017 World Amateur Champion” (for the U2300 section), ”2017 World Amateur Champion U2000” and ”2017 World Amateur Champion U1700”. The 3 gold winners of the Women sections receive respectively the titles of ”2017 World Women’s Amateur Champion” (for the U2300 section), “2017 World Women’s Amateur Champion U2000” & “2017 World Women’s Amateur Champion U1700”.
• The winner of each section U-2300, U-2000 and U-1700 (6 winners in total, men and women sections) will also qualify with personal right for the next World Amateur Championships 2017 with free accommodation (in double room) & full board, provided from the local Organizing Committee.
Accommodation packages to be registered and booked only through the Organizing Committee by filling the form on the official website.
Every participant and all national delegations have to register through the Organizing Committee with the above offers. Registrations, bookings and visa invitations are made only through the Organizing Committee. The above offers are guaranteed for registrations and bookings up to 18 February 2016. After the deadline of 18 February, registrations may be offered at an increased cost and only upon availability.
Accommodation payments will have to be paid by bank transfer before the registration deadline.
Players not staying at the tournaments hotels will be required to pay 150.00 euros fee to the Organizing Committee.
Entries must be sent by 18 February 2017 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All entries shall include: Full name, FIDE ID, FIDE rating
(+39)329-7954623 (Whatsapp Ims allowed from Monday to Friday 9:00 am 6:00 pm)
Official Facebook page: www.facebook.com/wacc2017
Official website: www.fideacademy.com/amateur