28th of May untill 6th of June in Lublin, Poland
GM Boris Grachev won convincingly the 1st Lublin international chess tournament. Grachev (born 1986, ELO 2652) secured the victory a round before the end and despite the loss on the last day finished 0,5 points ahead of opposition. Second place was for GM Michael Roiz, who finished with the same points, but better tiebreak than the third, GM Radoslaw Wojtaszek.
After multiple draws GM Socko was 4th, while GM Igor Khekin finished 6th in his last tournament before the Capablanca Memorial.
1 GM Grachev, Boris RUS 2652 6.0
2 GM Roiz, Michael ISR 2635 5.5
3 GM Wojtaszek, Radoslaw POL 2630 5.5
4 GM Socko, Bartosz POL 2637 5.0
5 GM Zhigalko, Sergei BLR 2622 4.5
6 GM Khenkin, Igor GER 2630 4.0
7 GM Dziuba, Marcin POL 2535 4.0
8 GM Gajewski, Grzegorz POL 2571 4.0
9 GM Bartel, Mateusz POL 2601 4.0
10 GM Malakhatko, Vadim BEL 2618 2.5
More about Boris Grachev
Boris Grachev is an economist. He graduated at Moscow Engineering-Physical Institute. Here are his highest chess achievements.
* Russian Champion U20 (2006)
* World Champion U10 (1995)
* Repeated medalist of Russian Junior Championships
* Repeated representative of Russia at European and World Juniors Championships
* 7th place (shared 2-10) at European Championship in Plovdiv 2008
* 7th place (shared 1-10) at European Championship in Budva 2009
* Winner or co-winner international tournaments: Moscow (2001, 2003, 2006, 2007), Samara (2002), Biel (2008)
Mateusz Bartel – Sergei Zhigalko