The Chess in School Conference in the European Parliament will be held in Brussels, Belgium, on 24th February 2016. The Conference will take place from 4.30 to 6.30 pm in the A1E1 Hall.
The organizers of the Conference are the Educational Committee of the European Parliament, along with the European Chess Union. The main goal is to show how chess is implemented in the educational systems in various European countries, which will help continental chess for awareness and lobbying for financial support from EU institutions.
A number of keynote speakers and specialists in CIS Programs from different European regions were invited to make a presentation during the conference. European Union officials & MEPs, FIDE, ECU and National Federations representatives will attend the conference as well.
The detailed program is as follows:
16.30 – 16.45 – Welcome Speeches
– MEP Claudia Tapardel (ROU), Welcome Speech
– Zurab Azmaiparashvili (GEO), President of the European Chess Union, Welcome Speech
– Jesper Hall (SWE), Chairman ECU EDU Commission, Welcome Speech & Presentation of the participants.
16.45 – 17.00 – ECU Projects
– Irakli Rekhviashvili (GEO), representative of the Bank of Georgia, sponsor of ECU, Bank’s perspective
– Jesper Hall (SWE) – ECU CIS Survey
– Martin Huba (SVK), ECU Treasurer – ECU & EU Programs
17.00 – 18.00 – 5-8 min. presentations from:
– GM Judit Polgar (HUN), “Judit Polgar Chess Foundation” “Chess In Palace” CIS Program
– Leo Battesti (FRA), Chairman of Corsica Chess League – CIS in Corsica
– Alessandro Dominici (ITA), FIDE chess Instructor, Member of the CIS Committee of the Italian Chess Federation, Consultant to Chairman of the FIDE CIS Commission
– Vlad Ungureanu (ROU), Mathematics Teacher, Chairman of Chess in School Committee, Romanian Chess Federation
– José Francisco Suárez Roa (ESP), Phd Psychology, Chairman of the CTMYE of the Spanish Chess Federation
– Jesper Hall (SWE) – CIS Programs in Sweden
– Malcolm Pein (UK), Chief Executive Chess in Schools and Communities charity, International Director English Chess Federation – CIS Programs in UK
– Giorgi Giorgadze (GEO), President Georgian Chess Federation – CIS Programs in Georgia
– Mrs. Gulkız Tulay (TUR) President of Turkish Chess Federation, Mr. Kasım Yekeler (TUR) Board Member and Chairman of CIS Committee of Turkish Chess Federation – CIS Programs in Turkey.
18.00 – 18.20 Q&A session
18.20 – 18.25 Summary and conclusions, Jesper Hall and Zurab Azmaiparashvili
18.25 – 18.30 Final remarks, MEP Claudia Tapardel
Co-ordinator of the Conference is ECU Deputy President Mr. Ion Serban Dobronauteanu (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)