Plovdiv, 16th – 24th October
The valid regulations to be followed are the “ECU Tournament Rules” approved by the General Assembly of the European Chess Union. Each European federation is allowed to take part in this competition. According to the Rules for the European Club Cup participation is open to:
– Ekonomist SGSEU Saratov (Russia), the current cup holder in the men’s competition
– Spartak Vidnoe (Russia), the current cup holder in the women’s competition
– Two clubs per federation in which a national team championship is organised one club per federation in which no national team championship is organised
– Third club is allowed to that federation(s) in which a national team championship is organised provided that at least 20 grandmasters and/or players with a FIDE-rating over 2600 have participated in this national team championship.
– One additional club (only in man competition) for the federations which are ranked in the first five places of the federation ranking list. For the competition 2010 the federations are Russia, Ukraine, Armenia, Germany, Czech republic.
More about the European Club Cup 2010 at the official website.