The Whitsun Chess Festival 2014 was held from 3rd to 7th June, 2014 in Copenhagen, the capital and most populated city in Denmark.
The Grandmasters Section was won by the Bulgarian GM Krasimir Rusev. He collected 6,5/9 points, leaving the runner-up half a point behind.
The 24-year-old IM Helgi Ziska, the best Faroe Islands player, with ELO rating 2499 is clear second with 6/9 points, a full point ahead of the nearest contenders.
The Swedish GM Stellan Brynell took the bronze on superior tie-break score with 5/9 points.
The first place in the IM Section was shared by IM Silas Esben Lund (DEN) and IM Nikolay Milchev (BUL) with 6/9 points.
The Norwegian FM Joachim Birger Nilsen remained third with 5,5/9 points.
Whitsun Grandmasters final standings:
1. GM Krasimir Rusev BUL 6,5
2. IM Helgi Ziska FAI 6
3. GM Stellan Brynell SWE 5
4. IM Simon Bekker-Jensen DEN 5
5. IM Axel Smith SWE 5
6. IM Thorbjørn Bromann DEN 4
7. IM Robert Ris NED 4
8. GM Jonny Hector SWE 4
9. FM Kassa Korley USA 3,5
10. FM Jakob Aabling-Thomsen DEN 2,4
Whitsun IM final standings:
1. IM Silas Esben Lund DEN 6
2. IM Nikolay Milchev BUL 6
3. FM Joachim Birger Nilsen NOR 5,5
4. FM Jacob Carstensen DEN 4,5
5. FM Søren Bech Hansen DEN 4,5
6. FM Rob Schoorl NED 4,5
7. IM John Arni Nilssen FAI 4
8. Thomas Schou-Moldt DEN 4
9. FM Nikolai Skousen DEN 3,5
10. FM Daniel Vesterbæk Pedersen DEN 2,5