The FIDE Arbiter’s Commission held its 2016 Councilors’ Meeting in Madrid, Spain, in the period 10 to 13 June.
The Spanish Chess Federation was superb host for this important event. Spanish Chess Federation representatives included President Javier Ochoa and Secretary Ramon Padulles. FIDE Arbiters’ Commission Chairman Takis Nikolopoulos and the members of the Arbiters’ Commission in attendance, all spoke very highly of the excellent hospitality and the great professionalism provided during the meeting.
The meeting was critical to prepare for the FIDE Arbiters’ Commission meetings in Baku and to finalize all of the arbiter-related recommendations for Baku FIDE Congress. These recommendations apply to at least the following significant areas:
– IA and FA title applications
– Regulations for the titles of Arbiters
– Regulations for the classification of Arbiters
– Regulations for the training of Arbiters
– Updating the List of Lecturers
– Classification of the Arbiters
– 2016 Arbiters’ Awards
– 2016 Arbiters’ Manual
– 3rd issue of the Arbiters’ Magazine
For more information regarding the FIDE Arbiters’ Commission: http://arbiters.fide.com
FIDE Arbiters’ Commission