The 2012 Sparkassen Chess-Meeting is set to take place on 13th-22nd July 2012, in Dortmund, Germany. Ten players will compete in the round robin tournament. The Week in Chess reports that the field has been completed.
Four out of five German national players that took the gold medal at the recent European Team Chess Championship will participate.
1. Kramnik Vladimir RUS 2799 (Dortmund 2011 winner)
2. Karjakin Sergey RUS 2779 (Fresh winner of the World Rapid Chess Championship)
3. Caruana Fabiano ITA 2775
4. Leko Peter HUN 2730
5. Ponomariov Ruslan UKR 2726
6. Naiditsch Arkadij GER 2700
7. Bartel Mateusz POL 2674 (winner of the 2012 Aeroflot Open)
8. Fridman Daniel GER 2655 (Reigning German champion)
9. Meier Georg GER 2644
10. Gustafsson Jan GER 2629
Article first published on 27th April, 2012